Thursday, April 3, 2008

Office Hours: Gmail for Appointments

This post announces my weekly office hour+ (Tuesday, 09:30-11:00), and shows where my physical office space is.


View pab's office in a larger map

If you'd like to meet either face-to-face (f2f) or online during my office hour+, please send a gmail message asking for an appointment at least 48 or, better yet, 72 hours in advance. Please use ... one of these subjects headings [with underscores, class, and section in the key string]:
  • Writing_III-IV_1A: F2F, yyyy.mm.dd, please!
  • Writing_III-IV_1A: Online, yyyy.mm.dd, please!
  • Writing_III-IV_1C: F2F, yyyy.mm.dd, please!
  • Writing_III-IV_1C: Online, yyyy.mm.dd, please!
Copy and paste one of the subject headings from here, if necessary, to make certain it is accurate (without the bullet point), carefully replacing "yyyy" with the calendar year, "mm" with a two-digit number for the month, and "dd" with a two-digit number for the date.

Then, in the body of all such [gmail] messages, please:
  1. Explain why you would like to meet;
  2. Suggest a time frame within my office hour+;
  3. Include the last five digits of your student number; and
  4. Spell out your full name (in a signature is fine).
[172 words]

7 comments:

  1. This map is so interesting! I want to visit your office:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could understand where your office is. I will go there someday. Please waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chie, Ina, and others:

    I'm looking forward to your visits. Please note, however, that I've shifted my office hour schedule from Tuesdays to Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been to your office, university. Also, My friends go to prefectural iversity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment replaces a previous one (Tue Apr 07, 03:25:00 PM JST) that I've just deleted. It tweaks key strings by removing double-byte characters, and capitalizing section designations.

    Starting Spring 2009, my office hour+ is again on Tuesday. When gmailing for appointments, please include your section as well as course designations in the subject lines of your messages:

    Writing_III-IV_1A: F2F ...
    Writing_III-IV_1A: Online ...

    Writing_III-IV_1C: F2F ...
    Writing_III-IV_1C: Online ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. For appointments in 2010-11, please follow instructions on the new Office Hour+ page. Details for subject lines differ from those in this post. Cheers, PB

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...