On a multi-lingual site that has been "helping learners succeed since 1996" (deck, 2012.02.02), the writing page that the new link in the Course Links section of the Writing Studio Blog sidebar points to focuses on "...[t]he process and types of writing" (page title, 2012.02.02). Among other points, it focuses on:
- Choosing and developing topics,
- Focusing on audience and readership,
- Doing research and making notes (the old-school way),
- Pre-writing and drafting processes, and
- Revision and proofreading (Essay and writing sequence);
- as well as,
- "Writing for the 'Web'" (Types of writing).
Trying the exercises found on the Study Guides and Strategies writing page would a fruitful way to spend a cold or snowy day or two before the next semester begins. (That is, if you're not already out skiing or snowboarding!) If you do try some of those exercises, and find any especially helpful or useful for your writing, please share your thoughts about them in comments on this post.