Revised July 9, 2014
This page displays consecutive versions of proto-portfolio spreadsheets from the past few years. The spreadsheets are in reverse chronological order (newest to oldest). They represent activity on the Writing Studio Blog. Below the proto-portfolio displays on this page, there are notes about resizing spreadsheet displays to fit a blog template.
It is often challenging to keep track of comments, especially out-going comments. So here are a few pointers:
- A good way to count out-going comments – the ones that you post on classmates', instructors' or peers' blogs, is always to enable follow-up comment notification whenever you leave comments on their blogs. This suggestion comes from the post: Blog Comment Security & Follow-up Settings (March 31, 2008).
- Please see follow-up comments on that March 31, 2008, post for details.
- Where had all my comments gone? (October 21, 2010).
- Create a label for follow-up comment notifications, for example:
- "My comments (out)" (without quotation marks).
- Create mail filters (Gear menu: Settings: Filters) for notifications in languages your classmates and peers may use on their blogs, for example, English and Japanese:
- Matches: "[your user name] has left a new comment" (without square brackets)
- Do this: Apply label "My comments (out)";
- Matches: "[your user name] さんが投稿" (again without square brackets)
- Do this: Apply label "My comments (out)"; &
- Include all previous messages matching those filters in your new collections.
- Any other labels you've already added will remain active.
Proto-Portfolios 1.3a1 (2014-15)
Proto-Portfolios 1.2b (2013-14)
Proto-Portfolios 1.1a (2012-13)
Proto-Portfolios 1.0a (2011-12)
Proto-Portfolios 1.0 (2010-11)The 2010-11 academic year was the first year that Factors came into play on students' proto-portfolio spreadsheets. That was on the row for book reviews (BRs). Formulas in 2010-11 spreadsheets automatically count each BR in the first two months of a semester as 1.5 BRs; each BR in the second two months of a semester counts as 1.25 BRs. This is to encourage plenty of reading early each semester.
Proto-Portfolios 0.1a (2009-10)
Proto-Portfolios 0.0 (2008-09)
- An iframe width set to 500 pixels fits the main column in _this template_ (Simple, changed 2011.02.06).
- I've increased the default frame height of the spreadsheet displays from 300 to ...  pixels, to show additional rows (and the beginning of notes) at the foot of the spreadsheets (PB, 2014.03.15).