Wednesday, April 16, 2008

WinK Wiki Resource: Model Book Reviews






This post announces a new WinK Wiki resource listing, describing, and linking to student book reviews that you can use a guides and models for your own blog posts:
This is also a reminder that the on-going (semester-long) book review writing assignment calls for you to write one or more book reviews each week (12 or more during spring semester). There is a growing range of easy-to-read genres and titles in the English Reading Garden at the KGU library.

As I noted in Orange Books and Book Reviews (2008.04.15), book reviews must neither be copied nor machine-translated, and, as I suggested in class today, book reviews generally should be as long as or longer than your longest five-minute typing speed trials. Moreover, your book reviews should be more accurate than typing speed trials, thanks to Blogger and Word spelling and grammer checks, and well-organized, too!

Please don't forget to label your book reviews with at least two labels: books and reviews. You can add genre labels (such as romance or SciFi), if you wish.

[185 words]

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm Risa. I take your writing class(A), Wednesday 1 period!
    I want to improve my writing skill! so I'll have to study more.
    So, I looked at the other student's book reviews. it's great! Now, I'll improve my blog too!!

    Risa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Risa!

    Yes, they are great. Mr. T, who had A classes last year, picked out some good-looking blogs to peruse, as well as a good book reviews to review.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hellow, I'm Mio. I take writing A class. I'm not good at writing English and using computer. However I want to overcome my weakness, so I will write many blog and book reviews like other students. I'll do my best!
    See you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I'm Airi. I take your writing Ⅲ A class.
    In this class, I want to master writing. I don't know the way writing trick perfectly, so I will study writing more than now!
    Also, I will train rapid reading with book review!
    Nice to meet you.

    Airi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, mii and airi!

    It is a pleasure to hear from you. I'm glad to know that you are going to dedicate yourselves blogging, reading, and writing. I have no doubt that you'll improve both your language and computer skills, and develop your vocabularies as well.

    Airi, your avatar is a striking likeness. Would you please let us know what you used to create it?

    Cheers, Paul

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...