Monday, April 2, 2007

pab's picassohead


pab's picassohead
Originally uploaded by pabeaufait.
For your profile on your blog, you may wish to create a novel graphic image to use instead of a recognizable photo of yourself.

I've created this graphic with a tool called Mr. PicassoHead. The name of the tool is a possibly obscure reference to Mr. Potato Head, a toy that was around when I was a kid. I'd like to thank Claudia for pointing out this tool in a blog post back in '06 with an image of hers that inspired me to try it out.

You can create an image simply by dragging and dropping elements onto a ready-made canvas, then color, resize and relocate them to your heart's content. Once you're happy with the results, you can save your artwork to the gallery, and send email about it to your friends.

Capturing the resulting Flash media image for use on your blog is a bit of a trick. Ask in class if you need help.

2 comments:

  1. I like this picture☆ It is very cute. I want to create such a picture too. Can I do that? I'm not good at drawing pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, Mari, you can. These other posts might give you more ideas:

    Avatars for Blogs and Gmail
    A Rogue's Gallery

    If you need help, ask in class or go to one of Mr. Tomei's computer lab. hours (listed on the wiki).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...