Friday, November 30, 2007

Links from Widget in Sidebar

Having added a new link to other websites that I've collected in a sidebar widget, I decided that it was about time to introduce them in a new blog post. I've copied from the sidebar and pasted into this post the content of the sidebar widget (Course Links, below), and expanded the list with notations that don't appear in the sidebar to explain each link briefly here. The list from the sidebar served as a working outline for this post about...

Course Links

  • Writing Studio Wiki
    • At the wiki is where I recommend starting every day in class. Shortcuts (links) in the sidebar there will open almost every other site that you'll need for classwork.
  • Writing Studio Blog
    • You are at the Writing Studio Blog now. So maybe keeping this link is a bit redundant. It made the list look longer months ago, as one of the three sites that I originally listed when I set up the sidebar widget to list links on this blog. It still works as an easy way to return to the top page from pages displaying individual posts (and comments).
  • WinK HomePage
    • The Weblogging in Kumamoto Homepage (above) covers virtually everything that Tomeiter, Pukman and I have been doing with with a growing community of student bloggers for the past few years. (There is too much stuff there to mention here. So please have a look around when you have some quality browsing time on your hands.) Tomeiter & Pukman are university teachers that have been blogging and wiki-building longer than I have. You can find their blogs via the next two links (below).
  • Tomeiter's garden (a Vox blog)
    • [Tomeiter maintains this blog as a model for students in various classes.]
  • Pukman@WinK (another Blogger blog)
    • [Pukman maintains this blog as a model for, and for guidance of, students in various classes.]
  • MyBlogLog
    • This link is new today; it's the addition that prompted me to explain my current sidebar links here. MyBlogLog is a free service listing two other blogs that I work on when I'm not busy with the Writing Studio Blog. That service also cross-links with the WinK HomePage.
  • Gmail Signup
    • This is another of the links included in the sidebar for the first class meeting last spring. It was there in case you hadn't found your way directly from the Writing Studio Wiki to the Gmail Signup (and Blogger Account Setup) tutorial.
  • Computers & English
    • Computers & English is a Blogger blog that Tomeiter set up to model blogging tips and tools not only for the C&E class, but also for overseas studies prep. courses and other writing classes as well.
This was going to be a quick post, but it turned out much longer than I had planned.

[443 words {+ 28 words (08.01.15)}]

1 comment:

  1. I've added Project Platypus to the course links that I list in the Writing Studio Blog sidebar. It is a widely-viewed group blog for learners of English.

    Though I don't recall exactly when I cottoned on to it, or how I found it; what impressed me in particular was the quality of recent movie reviews on it. I've signed up for notification of updates, which are quite frequent (several times a week).

    I appreciate the qualities of posts on the Project Platypus blog, and the cross-links to other resources that its authors provide.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...