Tuesday, June 26, 2007

More on typing trials & blog development

Once again, I am re-purposing and reposting snippets of gmail that I've sent recently, to provide similar advice to everyone in the Writing Studio.

I am pleased to note that a number of students have undertaken typing speed trials for practice outside of class, and even sent them to me at odd times. Here is how I replied to one such submission and a request that I check it:

Your subject line shows how far along you've gotten - both in typing speed and gmail subject heading accuracy. From now on, however, please send me your typing speed trials trials only during the first fifteen minutes of class.

You still need to practice typing outside of class, but I won't be checking typing speed trials that you do between classes.... Save them till the next class meeting date....

You can repurpose additional typing speed trials that you do as quickposts on your blog - after taking time to correct the parts that Word flags with squiggly red and green underscores. If you don't know why Word flags specific passages, or how to correct them yourself, please ask in class.

See you Wed.
(personal correspondence [emphases added]: June 25, 2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...